Stewed Collard Greens
Stewed Collard Greens Recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural
- 1 (5-ounce) package Sweet Earth vegan bacon
- 3 Tablespoons safflower oil
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, diced
- 2 bunches collard greens, chopped
- 3 cups water
- 1 teaspoon coconut palm sugar
- 1 Tablespoon Sriracha hot sauce
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook vegan bacon according to package directions. Chop and set aside when finished cooking.
- Heat a large sauté pan, add oil and sauté onions, tomato, jalapeño, and garlic until translucent.
- Add chopped collards, water and remaining ingredients.
- Add vegan bacon to sauté and let simmer for 25-30 minutes. Serve and enjoy!