Tomato and Basil Zucchini Bruschetta
This delicious bruschetta uses zucchini slices for a healthy alternative to bread. It can be eaten as a side dish or as a meal on its own!
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:59pm
- 2 whole zucchinis
- 2 cloves garlic, minced and divided
- 6 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Tomato Sauce
- 4 whole tomatoes, diced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 1 Tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 pinch sugar
- ¼ cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 cup shredded vegan mozzarella, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Diagonally slice the zucchini into ¼” thick slices.
- In a large bowl, combine half of the minced garlic with 4 Tablespoons of olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste.
- Gently toss sliced zucchini in olive oil mixture until well coated.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place zucchini slices onto lined baking sheet.
- Mix tomato sauce ingredients in a large mixing bowl. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop tomato mixture on top of zucchini slices. Sprinkle vegan mozzarella shreds on top, if desired.
- Bake in oven for 20-25 minutes or until vegan mozzarella is melted and zucchini slices have slightly softened.
- Remove from oven and let cool. Enjoy!