Vegan Garlic "Chicken"
This sticky, saucy, scrumptious Vegan Garlic Chicken is the perfect meal! It's ready in under half an hour and has amazing flavor!
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and SidesEntrees VeganGluten-Free Nut-FreeSoy-FreeEkahi Ornish Budget Friendly MealsQuick & Easy
Updated: Wed, 06/24/2020 - 3:39pm
- 3 cups soy curls, rehydrated
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 Japanese eggplant, diced
- Toasted sesame seeds and green onion for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup water or vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- fresh juice of a lime
- 1 teaspoon arrowroot starch
- Whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Heat a saucepan over medium heat and add the garlic and ginger. Cook for 1-2 minutes, then add bell pepper and eggplant. Cook for 3-4 minutes, then add rehydrated soy curls and sauce. Toss to coat soy curls and veggies with the sauce and cook until sauce is thick. If it gets too thick, add a splash of vegetable broth or water.
- Remove from heat and sprinkle with toasted sesame seeds and green onions.