- 1 box pasta of choice
- 2 cups cashew milk
- 1 Tablespoon garlic powder
- 1-1½ cups nutritional yeast
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 can butternut squash puree
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon ancho chili pepper
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce, to taste
- Pinch of nutmeg
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 Tablespoon safflower oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons vegan butter
- 3 Tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 ¼ cups vegetable broth
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook pasta according to package directions and set aside.
- In a high-power blender, blend all Cheese Sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, sauté onion in safflower oil until translucent. Add garlic and sauté for a few seconds.
- Add butter and flour and stir until well combined and thick paste forms.
- Pour vegetable broth and Cheese Sauce over sauté mixture and stir to combine. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Lower heat and simmer for 15-20 minutes until sauce begins to thicken.
- Pour over cooked pasta. Toss to coat noodles in sauce. Serve and enjoy!