Vegan Scalloped Potatoes
The most delicious vegan scalloped potatoes - super cheesy, creamy and comforting! Perfect as a holiday side dish or for weeknight dinner.
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and SidesEntreesHoliday VeganGluten-Free Budget Friendly MealsQuick & Easy
Updated: Fri, 07/24/2020 - 8:06am
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- 1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tablespoons arrowroot flour
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 7-8 medium Yukon gold potatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- Fresh herbs to garnish
- Preheat oven to 400F. Grease a 9x13 baking dish. Set aside.
- Soak cashews in boiling water for about 15 minutes, then drain.
- Add all ingredients for the cheesy sauce to a blender and blend on high for about a minute, until completely smooth. The sauce will be very thin at first but don't worry as it will thicken up while baking.
- Spread a layer of potato slices, followed by diced onion, then pour half the sauce over them. Add a final layer of potato slices and top with remaining sauce.
- Bake for 1 hour or until top is golden brown and potatoes are tender.
- Allow the scalloped potatoes to rest for at least 10 minutes, then garnish with fresh herbs. Enjoy!