Warm Asparagus Salad
Make the most of the asparagus season with this simple recipe that accentuates the natural grassy flavor of fresh asparagus.
Recipe Categories:Appetizers and Sides
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:58pm
- 1 pound asparagus, preferably thin, with white bottoms removed
- Salt, to taste
- Oil, for roasting
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ Tablespoons lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 Tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 ½ teaspoons Dijon or coarse-grain mustard
- ½ teaspoon grated lemon peel
- ½ teaspoon sugar, honey, or maple syrup
- Parsley, minced (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 400˚ Fahrenheit.
- Cut the asparagus spears into 2-3 pieces each or leave whole, depending on your preference. Toss with oil and salt. Place on a baking sheet and roast for 20-30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Whisk together lemon juice, salt, shallots, mustard, lemon peel, and sugar until salt and sugar dissolve. Whisk in olive oil until emulsified.
- Toss the asparagus with the vinaigrette and top with parsley. Serve immediately and enjoy!