A fruity twist on a classic refreshing cold Spanish soup.
- 6-8 cups watermelon, chopped
- 1 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- ¼ cup red onion, diced + ¼ cup for garnishing
- ¼ cup cilantro, fresh + ¼ cup for garnishing
- ¼ cup mint, fresh + ¼ cup for garnishing
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced (Reserve zest for garnishing)
- 1 lemon, juiced (Reserve zest for garnishing)
- 1 jalapeno, deseeded and minced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (optional)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chili oil for garnishing
- Add all ingredients (except for garnishes) into a blender and blend until smooth. You may need to divide the soup in batches if you don’t have a high-powered blender or if you have a small blender.
- Taste soup for seasoning and add more salt and pepper as you desire. We recommend chilling this soup for at least 2 hours before serving. You can store this soup in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
- When ready to serve, divide soup between serving bowls and garnish with red onion, cilantro, mint, citrus zest, and a drizzle of chili oil. Serve immediately and enjoy!