Whole Instant Pot Cauliflower
This whole head of cauliflower with garlic and seasonings looks good on any table!
- 1 medium-large head cauliflower
- 2 Tablespoons melted coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 teaspoons maple syrup
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Sesame seeds for topping
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Trim away the leaves at the bottom of the cauliflower head. Carefully cut and remove the stem and tough core. Rinse and pat dry the trimmed cauliflower head.
- In a small bowl whisk together the oils, seasonings, garlic, and maple syrup.
- With your hands or a basting brush, coat cauliflower head with ¾ of the oil and seasoning sauce. Reserve the remaining sauce.
- Add a cup of water to the Instant Pot and place the trivet on the bottom. Place the cauliflower florets-side up directly on the trivet and close the lid. Set the Instant Pot to Manual/Pressure Cook, HIGH pressure for 5 minutes.
- Once the Instant Pot timer’s up, release the pressure manually using the quick release if you plan to finish the cauliflower in the oven. If not, allow the pressure to release naturally.
- If roasting, transfer the pre-cooked cauliflower head carefully to a baking dish lined with parchment paper, brush remaining sauce over the cauliflower and sprinkle with nutritional yeast. Roast for an additional 10 minutes in the oven. If not roasting, simply brush with the remaining sauce.
- Carve and serve as is, or sprinkle with fresh parsley and sesame seeds.