- 1 cup green lentils
- 2 cups water
- 2 Tablespoons expeller-pressed extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 25.5 oz jar of pasta sauce
- 1 Tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 6 zucchini
- Real salt to taste
- Shredded vegan cheese for topping (optional)
- Bring lentils to a boil in water and then lower to a simmer, cooking until water is evaporated and lentils are tender (about half an hour).
- While lentils are cooking, warm a tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium heat then saute garlic and onion for a few minutes, until fragrant and translucent.
- Add pasta sauce, Italian seasoning, and salt to taste, then cover pan and continue to simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add cooked lentils to the sauce and continue simmering for 5 minutes.
- Chop about half an inch off both ends of the zucchini and spiralize into noodles.
- Saute zucchini noodles in remaining olive oil for 5 minutes, until the green brightens.
- Top noodles with lentil sauce and sprinkle with vegan cheese.