- 2 cups long grain white rice
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 3 cups vegetable stock
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1 tsp. salt
- In large skillet brown the rice in olive oil on medium-high heat.
- Add onion, garlic and cumin and cook until onions become tender.
- In a separate pot, bring the vegetable stock to a boil. Add the tomato and salt. Add rice mixture and bring to a simmer.
- Reduce heat and cook for 15-20 minutes, or until cooked.
- Remove from heat and fluff with fork.