Tex-Mex Quinoa Pilaf
Tex-Mex Quinoa Pilaf recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
- 1½ cups water
- 1 Tablespoon instant vegetable stock powder
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 pound red potatoes, cut into ½" cubes
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup corn
- ½ cup diced roasted red pepper
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and stock powder to a boil over high heat.
- Stir in the quinoa, potatoes, cumin and salt. Cover and simmer over low heat for 10 minutes.
- Add the corn and continue cooking, covered, until the quinoa and potatoes are tender and all the liquid is absorbed, about 12-15 minutes. If too dry, stir in a small amount of boiling water, cover and continue simmering.
- Season with additional salt if needed, and stir in the red pepper, cilantro and lemon juice. Serve and enjoy!