- 6 yams, cooked and peeled
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 Tablespoons corn starch
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- Orange marmalade (optional)
- Slice yams into ¼" rounds. Melt 3 Tablespoons butter in pan. Distribute yams in the pan.
- In a sauce pan combine water, sugar, 3 Tablespoons butter, corn starch and nutmeg. Cook over medium heat until sauce becomes thick.
- Pour sauce over the yams and dot with butter. If using marmalade spread it all over the yams. Sprinkle chopped nuts on top.
- Bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Enjoy!