- 2 cups basmati rice or long grain brown rice
- 4 cups filtered water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 1 cup diced onion
- ½ cup diced celery
- 1 teaspoon sage powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder or granules
- 1 teaspoon Spike seasoning
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ½ cup raisins
- Rinse rice well and add water and salt. Bring to a boil, cover and turn to low heat. Simmer 20 minutes (for white) or 40 minutes (for brown) until all water is absorbed. Turn off heat and keep covered.
- Sauté the remaining ingredients.
- Add the sautéed ingredients to the rice and mix well. Cover until ready to serve. Enjoy!