- 1½ pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound tomatoes, chopped
- 2 large cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon fresh basil, chopped or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- Dash of ground pepper
- Break or cut green beans into bite-sized pieces. Steam until tender.
- Immerse in cold water, drain and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add the tomatoes and garlic. Simmer over medium heat about 5-8 minutes.
- Add beans and basil and cook 5-8 minutes longer, stirring occasionally. Add salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!