- 4 cups water
- 1 pound bean sprouts, rinsed and drained
- 1-2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 green onion, chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper chili flakes, or cayenne
- 2 teaspoon tamari
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- 3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 teaspoons brown rice vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon gochujang chili paste
- Sea salt, to taste
- In a medium pot over medium high heat, mix water and sea salt and bring to a boil.
- Add bean sprouts to the boiling water. Boil for 10 minutes.
- Drain bean sprouts and place in a large mixing bowl.
- Add the Seasonings to the blanched bean sprouts and toss to combine. Enjoy immediately or chilled as a side dish or as a meal over rice.