Asian-Style Pickled Onions
This simple recipe is great as a side or over rice. You can even use the marinade as a salad dressing! Adapted from the vlog, BenjiMantv
- 1 large onion
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 2 Tablespoons sugar
- 3 Tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced
- Whole sesame seeds, to taste
- Ginger, ground to taste
- ¼ cup water
- Slice onion into quarters. Slice thinly into slivers.
- In a mixing bowl, combine all Marinade ingredients. Be sure that all sugar is dissolved.
- Pour Marinade mixture over onions. Toss onions in marinade.
- Place pickled onions in a container and refrigerate for at least one hour, shaking container occasionally to ensure onions marinade evenly.
- Serve as a side or over hot rice and enjoy!