Balsamic Beets w/ Walnuts
Purchase whole red beets with the tops on. Balsamic vinegar enhances the deep garnet color of the beets in this easy to make dish
- 2 cups chunk-cut red beets
- 2 cups chopped beet greens
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1½ Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¾ Tablespoon dulse flakes or powder
- 1 Tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- Steam beets and greens until tender; set aside.
- In a large bowl whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, dulse flakes and lemon juice.
- Stir in the beets, greens and walnuts until thoroughly coated with the dressing. Serve warm or chilled. Enjoy!