Açai Power Bowl
Açai is a superfruit from the Amazon rainforest, paired here with powerful greens. Acai packets are available in our freezer section and come sweetened and unsweetened.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:51pm
- 2 packets frozen unsweetened açai puree
- 2 frozen apple bananas, roughly chopped
- 2 dates, pitted and chopped (optional)
- ½ - ¾ cup green juice, coconut water, or apple juice
- 1 packed cup kale
- ¼ cup hempseeds
- 1-2 cups granola, if making a bowl
- Chia seeds for garnish
- Fresh fruit for garnish
- Bee Pollen for garnish
- Break açai packets roughly and add to blender with bananas, dates and ½ cup liquid. Blend to break up acai packs, then add kale and hempseeds. Blend until smooth but still very thick, adding a bit more liquid if necessary to keep mixture blending well.
- If making a bowl: Açai should be very thick and ‘spoonable.’ Gently scoop out of blender, add to a bowl and top with granola, chia seeds and fresh fruit. Serve with a spoon and enjoy immediately.
- If making a smoothie: continue blending with extra liquid until drinkable texture is reached. Pour into glasses and enjoy immediately, with or without garnishes.