Blueberry Maca Smoothie
Blueberries are full of antioxidants that safeguard your body naturally from damaging free radicals. Not as well-known as blueberries but just as much of a nutritional powerhouse, maca root is full of vitamins, minerals, antioxdiants, and phytonutrients that can assist the body in so many different ways. Its nutrient density has been accredited to its extreme surroundings, the tops of the Peruvian Andes, where few other plants can survive.
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- 1-2 Tablespoons maca powder
- 1-2 bananas (frozen or fresh)
- 1 cup almond milk + more if needed
- Water (optional)
- 1-2 teaspoons cinnamon + more if desired
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract (optional)
- ½ cup ice + more if desired
- Combine blueberries, maca, bananas and almond milk into a blender. Blend until smooth. If needed, add more almond milk or water to achieve a smooth consistency.
- Sprinkle in cinnamon and vanilla extract and blend again. Taste smoothie and add more cinnamon and/or vanilla extract as desired. Enjoy!