Ginger-Lemongrass Simple Syrup
- 2 cups evaporated cane sugar
- 2 cups filtered water
- 1 cup of chopped fresh lemongrass
- 2 two-inch knobs of ginger, chopped
- 2 cups hot water
- 2 Tablespoons loose leaf jasmine tea
- 3 ½ quarts cold water
- 4 limes, juiced
- Mint leaves, for garnish
- Ice, for serving
- In a small saucepan, combine Ginger-Lemongrass Simple Syrup ingredients and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Stir to dissolve sugar. Boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until syrup thickens slightly. Remove from heat and let syrup steep for at least half an hour. Steep overnight for bolder flavor. Once steeped, strain syrup over a bowl.
- In a mug, combine hot water and jasmine tea. Steep for 15 minutes. After tea has brewed, remove tea leaves.
- In a pitcher, combine cold water, lime juice, Simple Syrup, and brewed jasmine tea. Stir to combine. Garnish with mint leaves and serve over ice. Enjoy!