For the Donuts:
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 Tablespoon flaxmeal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup beetroot powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 6 Tablespoons coconut oil (solidified)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 Tablespoon beet juice
- For the donuts: Combine almond milk and flaxmeal. Let stand for at least 15 minutes.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, beetroot powder, and sugar.
- Add solidified coconut oil, and work through dry flour mixture with hands or a pastry cutter until flour mixture is crumbly like sand.
- Add almond milk and flaxmeal mixture and mix until a ball of dough is created.
- Transfer dough to a floured surface and knead about 10 times.
- Measure out a tablespoon of dough at a time. Roll into a ball and place on a lined baking sheet. Repeat until all dough has been used.
- Bake donut holes for about 15-20 minutes.
- For the glaze: Allow the donuts to cool to room temperature.
- In a mixing bowl, combine powdered sugar and beet juice. Whisk until combined.
- Use a toothpick to pick up a donut hole. Dip the donut hole in beet glaze, then replace on baking sheet and allow the glaze to harden. Repeat until all donuts have a glaze coating. Enjoy!