Berry Quinoa Breakfast Cakes
Quinoa flakes are a gluten-free, high protein option for a quick breakfast or snack. Change up the berries depending on what’s in season (or on sale!).
- Coconut oil
- 1 cup quinoa flakes
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons coconut sugar (or brown sugar)
- 2 Tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 cup minced mixed berries, mashed or blended
- ½ cup applesauce
- Preheat oven to 350º and lightly oil two four-inch ramekins with a few drops of coconut oil.
- Stir together dry ingredients in a small bowl. In another small bowl whisk together applesauce and berry mash then combine with dry ingredients. Divide mixture evenly between ramekins. Press into the dishes evenly and smooth the top.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until top is set. Garnish with coconut butter, maple syrup, or jam! This recipe can also be microwaved for 4-5 minutes until set. Enjoy!