- ¾ cup whole wheat pastry flour
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon ground ginger
- ¼ cup poppyseeds
- ⅓ cup vegan margarine, melted
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soymilk
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 Tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup turbinado sugar
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350º and grease an 8x8 square baking pan with additional Earth Balance.
- For the Crumble Topping: Mix together whole wheat pastry flour, brown sugar, ginger, and ¼ cup poppyseeds. Pour in melted Earth Balance and stir until combined. Add blueberries and stir very gently. Set aside.
- For the Coffee Cake: In a large bowl whisk together soymilk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, mix together all-purpose flour, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt. Add milk mixture and stir until just combined.
- Pour cake mixture into prepared pan. Top evenly with Crumble Topping.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of the cake comes out clean.
- Let cool before cutting and serving. Serve warm or keep in an airtight container for a few days.