- 1 Tablespoon flaxseed meal
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ cup butter
- 1 cup almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons rosemary
- 2 Tablespoons thyme
- Preheat oven to 400̊.
- In a small bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water. Allow to soak for at least 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives, cut in the butter until the batter is crumbly.
- Add the almond milk, soaked flaxseed meal, rosemary, and thyme and mix.
- On a clean, floured surface, knead the dough 8-10 times. Form the dough into a circle and press flat until it is about an inch thick.
- Cut the dough into 8 pieces and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until the edges start to turn golden brown.
- Serve warm with butter or brie cheese, enjoy!