Spiced Blueberry Buckwheat Biscuits
These simple gluten-free biscuits are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or for tea time!
- 1¾ cups oat flour
- 1¼ cup buckwheat flour
- 1 Tablespoon + 1 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅓ extra virgin coconut oil, slightly melted
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 cup vanilla-flavored soy yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1½ cups shredded apple
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 450º and place baking sheet in the oven. Lay a piece of parchment paper onto countertop or a cutting board.
- Mix together flours, arrowroot, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, cardamom and salt in a large bowl.
- Add coconut oil and almond butter and crumble with flour using a fork, until flour is slightly crumbly.
- Add soy yogurt, vanilla extract, apples, and blueberries and stir to combine. Dough will be very sticky.
- Use a ¼ cup measure and scoop out dough. Drop onto parchment paper and flatten to ½-inch thick.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully place biscuits and parchment onto sheet. Bake for 15 minutes. Serve with butter, coconut oil, or jam. Enjoy!