- 1 cup pureed pumpkin
- 1½ cups almond milk
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 loaf of stale bread, or a stale baguette, sliced
- Vegan margarine, for cooking
- In a large bowl whisk together pumpkin, almond milk, cornstarch, spices, and vanilla.
- Dip bread sliced into pumpkin mixture, ensuring that it covers crust and edges. Layer onto a baking sheet. Let sit for 15 minutes, then flip over and soak for 10 minutes more.
- Preheat a large non-stick skillet over medium-low heat. Add a few Tablespoons vegan margarine and let melt. Add slices of bread into pan and cook about 10 minutes on each side- they should be golden brown with dark spots. Leave in pan over low heat if you want more firm French Toast.
- Serve immediately, or cover and place in a 200º oven for up to an hour. Serve with maple syrup, agave syrup, and vegan margarine. Enjoy any time of the day!