- 2 cups rolled oats
- 2 cups non-dairy milk
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon cardamom
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 apple bananas, sliced
- ¼ cup cane sugar
Optional add ins:
- ½ cup coconut milk yogurt
- ¼ cup almond butter
- ¼ cup chia seeds
- ¼ cup hemp seeds
- In a saucepan over medium heat, toast rolled oats until golden brown and fragrant.
- Once oats are toasted add non-dairy milk and allow to cook down, stirring often.
- Once oats have absorbed the milk, add coconut sugar, cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg. Turn heat down to low and allow to simmer.
- While oats are simmering, peel and slice bananas into ½ inch thick rounds. Place banana rounds side by side on a lined baking sheet.
- Sprinkle bananas with cane sugar. Set oven to broil and allow bananas to cook, watching closely so they do not burn.
- Bananas will be done once sugar has bubbled and caramelized on top.
- Add bananas to oatmeal along with additional add ins. Serve warm and enjoy!