Fresh Fruit Parfait
A great light breakfast or snack that makes use of Hawaii's abundant local fruits!
- 1 cup chopped apple bananas
- 1 cup chopped papaya
- 1 cup chopped fresh pineapple
- 1 cup almonds
- ½ cup macadamia nuts
- 1 cup chopped Medjool dates
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 Tablespoons orange zest
- Pinch sea salt
- 1-2 cups yogurt or ice cream of choice
- Add bananas, papayas, and pineapple to a large bowl. Toss gently and let stand in fridge until ready to make parfaits.
- In food processor grind almonds and macadamia nuts until coarse crumbs. Remove from processor. Add dates, coconut, zest and salt to processor and pulse to make a crumble. Combine with nuts in a large bowl, and toss to combine.
- In pretty glass bowls or glasses layer fruit, crumble and yogurt or ice cream in multiple layers. Serve immediately and enjoy on your sunny lanai!