Maple Pecan Granola
Homemade granola is easy and delicious. Add your favorite fruits and nuts for a customized breakfast.
About 4 cups granola
- 2 cups whole rolled oats
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- ½ cup whole flax seeds
- ½ cup shredded or flaked coconut
- 1 cup roughly chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ cup honey or agave
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- ½ cup raisins
- Preheat your oven to 300º. Line two rimmed baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a very large bowl, mix oats, seeds, coconut, and pecans.
- In another small bowl whisk together cinnamon, sweetener, coconut oil, and extract until smooth. Pour liquid over oat mixture and stir until coated.
- Pour oats into prepared baking sheets, spreading into a thin layer.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Stir granola and add raisins. Bake 15-20 minutes more, until granola is golden brown. Remove from oven, and press flat into pan with spatula.
- Let cool completely, then store in an airtight container. Enjoy!