If you're a fan of mochi these waffles are a must! Chewy mochi center, crispy golden brown exterior, and naturally gluten-free, these mochi waffles are the best!
- 1¾ cup sweet rice flour
- ⅓ cup date sugar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 cup coconut milk + 1 Tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 flax egg
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
- For carob waffles, add 2 Tablespoons carob powder to dry ingredients
- For carob chip waffles, add a big handful of carob chips to dry ingredients
- Preheat waffle iron until heated.
- Whisk together dry ingredients.
- Mix together the coconut milk and lemon juice to make vegan buttermilk.
- In a separate mixing bowl mix the buttermilk into remaining wet ingredients.
- Slowly incorporate wet ingredients into dry ingredients. The mixture should be smooth and batter-like.
- Place enough batter to fill the waffle iron and cook for about 5 minutes (depending on your iron temperature) until golden brown.
- Repeat until all batter is used up.
- Serve immediately with vegan yogurt, fresh fruit, or another yummy topping!