Superseed Energy Bars
These sweet and chewy nutrient-rich bars are also an excellent source of dietary fiber. Lucuma powder is made from a sub-tropical fruit native to Peru and Equador.
Updated: Wed, 04/04/2018 - 7:13pm
- 1 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sesame seeds
- 1 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 cup chia seeds
- ½ cup hemp seeds
- ½ cup cacao nibs
- 1 cup shredded coconut
- 1 cup lucuma powder
- 1½ cups pitted dates
- ½ cup honey
- ¼ cup agave syrup
- 1 Tablespoon orange extract
- 1 cup goji berries
- ¼ teaspoon flax oil
- Put all of the seeds, nibs and coconut in a food processor and pulse lightly, about 4-6 times, leaving the large seeds chunky.
- Place in a large mixing bowl and thoroughly stir in the lucuma powder; set aside.
- Put the dates, honey, agave syrup and orange extract into the food processor and pulse until a chunky puree is reached.
- Mix the date mixture with the dry ingredients thoroughly; stir in the goji berries.
- Lightly oil a 9” square baking pan with the flax oil; wipe off any excess oil.
- Press the seed mixture firmly and evenly into the pan, using a flat metal spatula to ensure evenness.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour prior to cutting into bars. Enjoy!