Spicy Chocolate Truffles
Spicy Chocolate Truffle recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
Approximately 30 Truffles
- 4 (3-ounce) bars dark chocolate
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1-2 Tablespoons agave nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon ancho chile powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon + 2 teaspoons
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ cup cocoa powder
- Roughly chop chocolate bars and place in a glass bowl.
- In a saucepan, heat coconut milk over low heat. Stir continuously until warm, do not boil.
- When coconut milk is steaming, whisk in agave nectar, vanilla extract, ancho chile powder, cayenne, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and ground cloves.
- Pour mixture over chocolate and let stand for 1 minute. Whisk until completely smooth.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours, or until semi-solid.
- Combine cocoa powder and 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Once chocolate has cooled, scoop out 1 Tablespoon and roll into a ball using your hands. Roll ball into cocoa-cinnamon mixture to coat. Repeat with remaining chocolate.
- Serve immediately or store in refrigerator or freezer. Enjoy!