- 4-6 apples, peeled, cored, and sliced in crescents
- Pinch of cinnamon
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 cups whole wheat pastry flour
- 2 cups rolled oats
- Pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup safflower oil
- Line the bottom of an 8"x8" baking pan with apple slices.
- In a bowl, mix cinnamon with juice and pour half the mixture over the apples.
- In another bowl, mix flour, oats and salt. Add oil and stir until mixture is crumbly.
- Add remaining juice and mix. The mixture should still be crumbly.
- Sprinkle mixture over apples and let it sit for ½ hour.
- Bake at 400° for 30 minutes, or until apples are soft and top is beginning to brown. Serve with dairy or non-dairy ice cream, and enjoy!