Rich cakey chocolate brownies with a touch of mint for an Irish touch.
- Vegan butter
- 1½ Tablespoons ground flax
- 3 Tablespoons water
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1½ cup almond meal
- ¾ cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons vegan butter, melted
- 1 cup turbinado sugar
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons almond or soy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1½ teaspoon mint extract
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease the bottom and sides of a 9” square baking dish with vegan butter.
- Whisk together ground flax and water in small bowl. Set aside to thicken.
- In a large mixing bowl, stir together flour, almond meal, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda until fully incorporated.
- In another mixing bowl, whisk flax mixture with remaining ingredients until combined.
- Whisk wet ingredients into dry ingredients until combined well. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Let cool completely before serving. Cut into squares and enjoy!