Carob Banana Cream Pie
Carob is a long pod that can be used in place of chocolate, and is a good source of B vitamins and fiber, as well as other vitamins and trace minerals. It is naturally sweet, requiring very little added sugar. As seen on KHON's Living808!
Updated: Tue, 03/07/2017 - 3:01pm
- 1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust
- 12 ounces unsweetened carob chips
- 2 large ripe bananas, sliced
- 2 boxes firm silken tofu
- 1 Tablespoon honey or agave nectar or your choice of sweetener (optional)
- Melt carob chips in a small saucepan.
- Meanwhile, add about of the sliced bananas in a single layer on top of the graham cracker crust.
- Crumble tofu into a food processor. Add the melted carob chips and agave nectar. Process until smooth and pour mixture into pie crust.
- Chill for at least 1 hour, or until pie is set. Add the remaining sliced bananas to the top of the pie. Serve and enjoy!