Carob Chip Chickpea Cookies
These are the BEST healthy chickpea cookies, packed with protein! With only seven ingredients, this simple recipe is perfect for any cookie monster!
- 1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup nut or seed butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or coconut nectar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup carob chips or chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350F.
- In a food processor, add chickpeas and nut butter and blend on high until a paste forms.
- Add the maple syrup and vanilla and continue to blend, scraping down the sides. You don't want the mixture to be lumpy.
- Add the salt, then blend for 30 seconds.
- Stir in the carob chips.
- Line rounded balls of cookie dough in rows on a baking tray.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, until the edges turn golden brown.