Chocolate Mint Lip Balm
This simple recipe can be varied by adding flavors, colors or different oils for their textures and properties. The beeswax gives it firmness. Use less beeswax for a softer lip balm. Six parts oil to one part beeswax will make a very soft balm the texture of a salve or hand treatment.
Updated: Mon, 05/13/2019 - 8:52pm
- 2 teaspoons of beeswax
- 2 teaspoons of coconut oil
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2-4 drops of peppermint oil
- 1 teaspoon of cocoa
- Stevia to taste
- Melt the beeswax in a small pan over a low heat, or in a dish set in boiling water - a double boiler. Be careful to keep water out of the oil/wax. Any moisture in the balm will cause it to mold.
- Once it has melted, add the olive and coconut oils, cocoa and stevia. Mix well. A chopstick works well for mixing.
- Remove from the heat and add the peppermint oil. Adjust to taste for sweetness and mint.
- Pour it into a small, clean, dry jar, or a clean, dry chapstick tube.
- Once cool, it’s ready to use. Enjoy!