Healthy Oatmeal Cookie
These cookies are oil-free, dairy-free, egg-free, gluten-free and super yummy! The perfect classic cookie.
- 1 cup oat or sorghum flour
- 1 1/2 Tablespoons flax meal
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/3 cup nut butter
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 Tablespoon blackstrap molasses
- 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 Tablespoons chopped walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside
- In a large mixing bowl, add the flour, flax and salt. Use a whisk and mix until combined.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the nut butter, applesauce, vanilla, and molasses. Whisk together well.
- Combine the contents of the dry ingredients and wet ingredients in the larger bowl and whisk together to achieve a nice thick batter.
- Once the batter is mixed well, go ahead and add the oats, raisins, and walnuts (if using); mix until combined. The batter will be a little hard to stir.
- Use a tablespoon to plop the cookie batter onto the parchment paper. Continue until you have placed all the batter on the baking sheet.
- Slightly flatten the cookies with a fork. The cookies do not spread while baking so the shape you create will be your cookie size and shape.
- Place the cookies into the oven at 350°F and bake for approximately 12-15 minutes.
- Remove the cookies from the oven and allow the cookies to firm up for 10 minutes (off the baking sheet).
- Serve warm. Store cookies in an air-tight container to retain moisture.