- ¾ cup butter
- 2 cups chickpea flour, sifted after measuring
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅓ cup grated coconut
- 1½ teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted after measuring
- Melt butter in a heavy frying pan or small saucepan over low heat. Add chickpea flour, walnut pieces and nutmeg. Cook, stirring constantly with a wooden spoon, for about 15-20 minutes or until mixture is deep golden brown with a loose consistency. Add the coconut and vanilla and mix well.
- Remove from heat and add icing sugar, mixing until it is well combined.
- Spread the mixture in a dish to cool, then roll into balls. Alternatively, you can spread the hot mixture evenly in a lightly buttered dish and slice into squares when cool. Refrigerate until the laddu becomes firm. Serve cool or at room temperature and enjoy!