- ¾ cup flax seeds
- ¾ cup sunflower seeds
- 1 cup chopped medjool dates, soaked to soften
- ½ cup walnuts, pecans, cashews or other nuts, chopped fine
- Pinch of salt
- 3 Tablespoons arrowroot powder or corn starch
- 1 cup soy milk or soy cream
- 2 cups cooked or canned pumpkin
- ½ cup sweetener: sucanat, maple syrup, turbinado or organic cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- For the Crust: Grind the flax seeds so they are fresh.
- Grind sunflower seeds and add to flax seeds.
- Mix in moist dates, then add remaining chopped nuts.
- Pat into a non-stick pie pan.
- For the Filling: Mix the arrowroot into the soy milk until it dissolves. Pour into a wide, non-stick skillet.
- Add all remaining ingredients and heat on medium, stirring until ingredients are mixed well and begin to thicken, about 5 minutes.
- Stir until very thick, then pour into pie shell and refrigerate 2 hours.
- Slice and serve with soy ice cream. Enjoy!