- 5-6 Okinawan sweet potatoes
- 1 cup apple sauce
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 Tablespoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
For the crust:
- 3 cups cereal, ground
- 1 ½ cups butter
- Preheat oven to 425º.
- Peel potatoes and cut into cubes of roughly all the same size.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add the potatoes.
- Boil until potatoes are soft, you should be able to poke through with a knife.
- Drain the water and transfer the cooked potatoes to a large mixing bowl.
- Add apple sauce, almond milk, vanilla, cinnamon, nutmeg and mix until creamy and smooth.
- In a sauce pan, melt butter. Add the ground cereal and mix until coated.
- Press the cereal into a pie pan until it forms an evenly distributed crust.
- Bake the pie crust for 10 minutes, until the edges are golden brown.
- Take pie crust out of the oven and add the purple potato filling. Return to the oven and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow the pie to cool at least 15 minutes. Serve and enjoy!