Raw Vanilla Bean Spice Pudding
Pre-soaking the cardamom and vanilla with the agave adds more richness to the flavor. Lucuma is a sub-tropical fruit from the Andes, which has a unique shortbread-malt-maple flavor and is rich in trace minerals.
Updated: Wed, 02/21/2018 - 10:44pm
- 1 cup cashews
- 2 vanilla beans
- ⅛ cup cardamom pods, removed from husks
- ¼ cup raw agave syrup
- ¼ cup raw lucuma powder
- 1"-2” fresh ginger; grated
- Pinch of cinnamon + more if needed
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh lemon zest
- 1 cups water + more if needed
- Soak cashews in water for at least 2 hours. Drain.
- Cut open and scrape the vanilla beans. Add vanilla and cardamom pods into agave syrup and soak for at least 2 hours.
- Pour agave-spice mixture through a fine mesh strainer to remove the cardamom seeds. Add into a blender along with soaked cashews and remaining ingredients.
- Blend mixture until creamy. Add in more agave, spices and water if needed to achieve desired taste and creaminess.
- Chill for at least 2 hours prior to serving. Will keep fresh refrigerated for 4-5 days. Enjoy!