- ½ cup vegan shortening, room temperature
- ½ cup vegan margarine, room temperature
- 1 Tablespoon vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
- 3-4 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2-4 Tablespoons vanilla soy creamer
- Beat the shortening, margarine, and extract/paste in a large bowl until creamy.
- Add in powdered sugar and soy creamer in increments, beating continuously until fluffy and light. Scrape sides and continue beating to slightly fluff the frosting. Add more powdered sugar for a stiffer frosting, more soy creamer for a softer frosting.
- Use a butter knife to spread onto cupcakes, or use a pastry bag and pipe swirls onto the tops.