- ½ cup popcorn kernels (16 cups popped)
- ¼ cup safflower oil (or any oil suitable for high heat cooking)
- 1 can full fat coconut milk
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, heat the oil over high heat. Test if the oil is ready by adding a couple popcorn kernels. The oil is ready when the kernels pop.
- Once the oil is hot enough, add the popcorn kernels. Cover the skillet, but leave the lid slightly ajar so some of the steam can escape. The popcorn will start popping. Shake the skillet a couple times to make sure all the kernels get popped.
- Once the popping slows to 15-20 seconds between pops, the popcorn is ready. Remove the lid and remove the skillet from heat, but leave the popcorn in the skillet.
- In a separate saucepan, bring coconut milk, brown sugar, vanilla, and salt to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat and allow to cool until thickened.
- Pour caramel sauce over popcorn and mix with a spatula until fully combined.
- Store in an airtight container for up to a week. Enjoy!