Vegan Gluten-Free Christmas Pudding
Christmas may be a time for indulgence, but this recipe is guilt-free. It may seem impossible, but this vegan gluten-free Christmas pudding is rich, fruity and moist!
Updated: Fri, 12/18/2020 - 3:11pm
- 1 cup mixed dried fruit (1/3 cup each of currants, raisins and chopped dried figs)
- 1/3 cup coconut milk
- 1 medium apple, cored and quartered
- 10 Medjool dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- Preheat your oven to 350°F
- Grease a 6 hole muffin tin.
- Place the dried fruit and coconut milk into a small saucepan. Bring to the boil. Cover and reduce to a simmer. Stir occasionally. After five minutes remove from the heat.
- Place the apple, dates, walnuts, vanilla, salt and ginger into your food processor and blend at high speed until the mixture resembles a smooth, thick batter.
- Stir through the dried fruit mixture.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into the six muffin holes and smooth the top with slightly damp hands.
- Place in the oven and bake for 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and leave in the tray for 10-15 minutes before serving or moving to a cooling rack.
- Keeps in the fridge for up to a few days - it's great eaten hot or cold!