Vegan Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Liquid coconut oil + 3 Tablespoons
- 1 ¼ cups finely ground vegan graham crackers (about 8-10 crackers)
- 3 Tablespoons sugar
- 1 Tablespoon plain non-dairy milk
- ½ cup raw cashews, soaked for 2 hours up to overnight
- ¼ cup mashed banana
- 1 (12.3-ounce) package silken tofu extra firm, drained
- ½ cup sugar
- ⅓ cup brown sugar
- 3 Tablespoons liquid coconut oil
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon orange zest + more for garnish
- 2 Tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon maple extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Ground cinnamon
- Orange zest
- Whipped cream (optional)
Special Materials - Spring form pan, 2 muffin tins or 2 mini muffin tins
- Preheat oven to 350°. Grease a 9" spring form pan with coconut oil. To make mini cheesecakes line 2 muffin tins or 2 mini muffin tins with paper/foil liners or grease with coconut oil. Set aside.
- To prepare Crust: Combine graham cracker crumbs and sugar in a mixing bowl. Drizzle in 3 Tablespoons coconut oil and mix to moisten crumbs. Drizzle in milk and stir again to form a crumbly mixture.
If using a spring form pan: Pour crumbs into pan and press firmly into the bottom.
If using muffin tins: Scoop a heaping Tablespoon of crumbs into each tin and press firmly down with your fingers.
If using mini muffin tins: Scoop a heaping teaspoon of crumbs into each tin and press firmly down with your fingers. Reserve any leftover crumbs for garnish. Bake for 8-12 minutes until firm. Set aside to cool.
- To prepare Filling: Drain and rinse cashews. Transfer to a food processor. Add in remaining Filling ingredients except for the pumpkin and seasonings. Process until completely smooth, you may need to stop a few times to scrape down the sides with a rubber spatula. The resulting mixture should be smooth and very creamy. This mixture will act as our cream cheese.
- Add in pumpkin puree and seasonings. Blend until well combined and smooth.
If using a spring form pan: Carefully pour entire Filling into pan. Bake for 45-50 minutes.
If using muffin tins: Scoop enough Filling to fill each tin about ¾ of the way - about a few Tablespoons. Bake for 15-17 minutes.
If using mini muffin tins: Scoop enough Filling to fill each tin until almost full - about a Tablespoon. Bake for 12-14 minutes.
- Cheesecake will be done when top is slightly puffed and the edges are golden brown. Remove from oven and allow to cool on a wire rake(s) for about 30 minutes.
If using a spring form pan: Transfer entire pan to refrigerator to complete cooling for at least 3 hours up to overnight before serving.
If using muffin or mini muffin tins: Remove each cheesecake carefully using a butter knife. Transfer to a large container and refrigerate for at least 3 hours up to overnight before serving. If desired, remove liners right before serving.
- Garnish finished cheesecake with any extra graham cracker crumbs, ground cinnamon, orange zest and whipped cream. Enjoy!