Cashew Cilantro Sauce
Cashew Cilantro Sauce recipe from Down to Earth Organic and Natural.
2 ½ cups
- 1¾ cups raw cashews, soaked
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup lemon juice
- 1½ teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons nutritional yeast
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped cilantro
- 2 Tablespoons chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Dash of cayenne
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a food processor mix together cashews, water and lemon juice.
- With processor running, pour olive oil down chute.
- Turn off machine, scrape down sides and add nutritional yeast, cilantro, green onion, crushed red pepper, cayenne, salt and pepper.
- Process for another 2-3 minutes or until a smooth consistency is achieved. Enjoy!
Excellent served over Lentil Tacos or as a dip with your favorite tortilla chips!