- 1 medium white pineapple
- 3 Tablespoons brown sugar, divided
- 2 Tablespoons + ¼ cup sunflower oil, divided
- Zest and juice of 2 limes
- Zest and juice of 2 blood oranges
- 2¾ cups fresh cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 Tablespoon minced fresh jalapeño or more to taste
- ½ cup cooked or canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup diced red bell pepper
- Preheat oven to 425°. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove pineapple rind and slice into ½" rounds. Pat dry with paper towels to soak up any extra moisture.
- In a small bowl, mix together 2 Tablespoons brown sugar and 2 Tablespoons oil. Spread mixture lightly on both sides of pineapple rounds.
- Place pineapple in a single layer on baking sheet. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, combine 1 Tablespoon sugar, ¼ cup sunflower oil, lime and orange zest, lime and orange juice (about ⅓ cup juice total), cilantro, garlic, salt, water and jalapeño in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Once pineapples are cooked and cooled, remove cores and dice into bite-sized pieces. Combine diced pineapple, cilantro mixture, beans and bell pepper in a large bowl. Chill and serve. Enjoy!