Tex-Mex Tomatillo Salsa
This delicious recipe comes from a little corner store way down in the very southernmost part of Texas.
- 4 tomatillos
- 4 jalapenos or other chilis, to taste
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ -1 cup water, enough to cover
- 1 bunch cilantro
- Salt, to taste
- Peel the papery skin from tomatillos and wash well.
- Add the tomatillos, jalapenos, olive oil and water to a pot and boil for 10 minutes. Add enough water to cover the tomatillos.
- Cover and cool. Once cool, refrigerate until cold.
- Blend the cold mixture with the cilantro, and salt to taste.
- Serve. Enjoy!