Vegan Garlic Mayo
Super easy, delicious and simple, this mayo can be flavored to suit.
- 4 oz of silken tofu
- 2 teaspoons of fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons of dijon mustard
- 1 cup olive oil (a blend of coconut, avocado and macadamia oil works well also)
- salt to taste
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Combine the tofu, lemon juice and mustard in a blender. Mix until the tofu is smooth. A stick blender will also work well for this.
- While the blender is going, slowly drizzle the olive oil little by little into the blender. The mayo will emulsify and thicken.
- Once all the oil is added and emulsified, add salt to taste and blend again.
- Now, the mayo can be flavored to taste or kept plain. For garlic mayo, add two cloves of crushed garlic and blend. Alternatively roasted garlic can also be used for a sweeter flavor. Other popular flavors include wasabi, herbs, sesame, blue cheese, honey, peppercorn, chipotle, curry, smoked paprika, caper and sun dried tomato.
- Serve! The garlic mayo will keep for two weeks a sealed jar in the refrigerator, longer if plain. Enjoy!